Journeyman Plumber - Morningside Plumbing
To perform journeyman-level installation, maintenance and repair of domestic and industrial plumbing, and perform related work.
These positions involve the physical ability to lift and carry items weighing approximately 90 pounds, climb and work from ladders, bend and stoop. Must carry a valid drivers license and be ok’d by the insurance carriers to drive a company vehicle.
Plumbing Typical duties:
Installs, maintains and repairs domestic and industrial water supply and drain lines, repairs faucets, valves, fixtures and leaks in plumbing system, roof drains, water heaters, repairs circulation pumps, swimming pool filtration pumps, mixing valves, cuts and threads pipes, plumbs commercial kitchen facilities and specialty plumbing items such as dental stations, emergency eye-wash stations, steam rooms, and swimming pools systems, maintains stock of common repair items such as fitting, valves, washers, pipe and hose bibs, winterizes piping systems, completes work and material orders, cleans shop area, train others in plumbing techniques and reviews work for compliance with codes, assists maintenance and crafts staff performing their duties.
Troubleshoots malfunctions and make emergency and permanent repairs. Responds to emergency call back.
- May have to prepare or work from sketches or plans and specifications and rough-in sheets in accord with the plumbing code or approved trade practices.
- Makes time and material estimates
- Does plumbing test on work in progress and completed work.
- Does other related duties as required.
- Licensure must be a licensed Journeyman Plumber in accordance with the State of Iowa.
- Experience that provided considerable knowledge of: the tools, material and equipment, safety used in the plumbing trade: National code applicable to plumbing installation, maintenance and repair.
- Some knowledge of supervisory practices.
- Ability to understand, remember and carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to read, write speak understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
NOTE: The definition and examples of work for this title are for illustrative purpose only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job specification. Conversely, all duties performed on this job may not be listed.
Experience: Dismantling, installing and repairing plumbing devices, interpreting building plans, blueprints and plumbing schematics, estimating time and material for plumbing jobs.
Please apply to Morningside Plumbing by stopping by our office at 600 Market, Sioux City, IA or
email a resume to Alexc@morningsideplumbing.biz
PO Box 4547
Sioux City, IA 51104