Apprentice Contest Results
On February 27, six apprentices competed in a hands-on competition at the SDAPHCC Annual Convention at The Lodge in Deadwood, SD.
The following plumbing apprentices had the 3 highest test scores in their division and competed in the plumbing hands-on competition:
· Garrett Boylan, Wolff’s Plumbing & Heating (Spearfish)
· Reece Fulton, Midwestern Mechanical (Sioux Falls)
· Zack Semmler, Midwestern Mechanical (Sioux Falls)
The winner of the plumbing division was Garrett Boylan.
The following HVAC apprentices had the 3 highest test scores in their division and competed in the HVAC hands-on competition:
· Chris Delay, Midwestern Mechanical (Sioux Falls)
· Joel Zufall, Midwestern Mechanical (Sioux Falls)
· Nathan Kersjes, Wolff’s Plumbing & Heating (Spearfish)
The winner of the HVAC division was Nathan Kersjes.
Both winners will receive a trip to Dallas, TX where they will compete in the national apprentice competition at CONNECT 2020.
There were several members who worked hard to make this competition possible. Special thank you to the following:
· Brett Kaltvedt, Christine Therklidsen, and Midwestern Mechanical for hosting the written tests in January.
· Jesse Horst, Rapid City Winair; Joe Porzelt, Ferguson Enterprises; Rick Beaird, Dakota Supply Group; and Colin Wunder, Energy Dynamics for judging.
· Brett Kaltvedt for organizing and administering the plumbing hands-on competition
· Dan Hartman for organizing and administering the HVAC hands-on competition
· Dennis Supply Group for sponsoring the HVAC equipment
· Dakota Supply Group for sponsoring the plumbing supplies
· Ferguson Enterprises for sponsoring the jackets
· Soderholm & Associates for being an event sponsor
Plumbing Apprentices (pictured l to r): Zack Semmler, Garrett Boylan, Reece Fulton
HVAC Apprentices (pictured l to r): Nathan Kersjes, Chris Delay, Joel Zufall